RadEye SPRD-GN Spectroscopic Personal Radiation Detector
The RadEye SPRD-GN spectroscopic personal radiation detector is the first pager-sized PRD that substantially exceeds the neutron alarm requirements of ANSI N42.48 2008 and ANSI N42.32 2016. With outstanding neutron performance and reliable gamma IDs, the RadEye SPRD-GN may be the only radiation detection tool you will need.
- Gamma detection, gamma ID, and neutron detection in a small handheld pager
- Single detector enables less complex design, superior field reliability, and reduced size & weight
- Neutron alarms in <2 seconds compared to 5 seconds in both the ANSI N42.32 2016 and ANSI N42.48 2008 test procedures
- Patent pending source-less routines for continuous ID stabilization and periodic neutron alignment
- Advanced NBR identifies artificial radiation while minimizing false alarms
The RadEye SPRD-GN uses a sophisticated spectroscopic Cs2LiYCl6:Ce detector that is both gamma and neutron sensitive to achieve its pager size. The performance of this single “CLYC” detector can only be matched by much larger instruments that incorporate one detector for gamma radiation and a separate He-3 proportional counter tube for neutron detection. The SPRD-GN combines the unique CLYC radiation detection capability with pulse shape discrimination (PSD) to effectively separate the gamma radiation from neutron radiation.