RadEye B20 & B20-ER Multi-Purpose Survey Meter
The Thermo Scientific RadEye B20 & B20-ER Multi-Purpose Survey Meter models are the next generation line of improved quick survey and precision scaler measurement meters. These modern and compact survey meters measure alpha, beta, gamma and X-ray surface contamination. In addition these pocket-sized instruments can also be used for accurate doserate surveys, if used with optional energy compensated filters (17 keV – 3 MeV). For emergency response applications, the alpha and beta contamination measurements can be discriminated using the optional alpha blocker filter.
The RadEye B20 will automatically switch to the proper measuring unit, if any auto detection filter is fitted to the face of the B20 detector. This automatic function helps to avoid accidental misuse and to quickly change from one measurement to the next.
Features and benefits of RadEye B20 and RadEye B20-ER:
- Light weight (300 g), excellent grip with and without gloves
- Rugged and compact design, thick rubber protective cover
- Low cost of ownership with > 500 h operation time with 2 AAA batteries – rechargeable NiMH-cells can be used
- Menu-driven user interface results in low training cost and immediate familiarity
- Huge internal data memory for both timer results and continuous data recording
- Bright backlit LCD display – plain text messages – different languages can be selected
- Easy adaptation to different tasks by supervisor configuration, calibration, selection of measuring units