RadEye SPRD Spectroscopic Personal Radiation Detector
The RadEye SPRD Spectroscopic Personal Radiation Detector is a high-performance radiation detection and radionuclide analyser designed to detect, locate and identify radioactive nuclides such as nuclear weapons, dirty bombs, orphaned or purposely masked sources.
The detection and analysis of hidden radioactive nuclides requires a radiation identification tool with high sensitivity and accuracy. Detect, localise and identify Gamma sources with the pager-sized Thermo Scientific RadEye SPRD Spectroscopic Personal Radiation Detector.
The RadEye SPRD provides first responders and law enforcement teams like border guards or special forces with high performance detection and radionuclide analysis for any scenario. Metal recyclers and producers that need to detect, locate and identify orphan radionuclides in their incoming scrap material can now add an additional level of security, using the RadEye SPRD.
The ability to perform nuclide identification in a pager-sized Personal Radiation Detector (PRD) offers advantages over current market options; including, compact size, low weight, long battery life time and low cost of ownership. This combination makes the RadEye SPRD a perfect tool for users detecting, locating and identifying sources of radiation as an secondary requirement of their main task.
Key Features and Benefits
- Radionuclide identification
- Belt holster, small form factor, and light weight enables hands-free operation
- Small form factor and light weight, below 200 g
- Vibration alarm mode for covert operation
- Raised buttons with positive response for gloved hand operation
- Intuitive interface with easy to read results
- Minimum attention required for operation