Second Sight MS Standoff Gas Cloud Detector
Second Sight MS Standoff Gas Cloud Detector is the perfect solution for critical area surveillance and protection against chemical threats (CWA, TIC). With night and day surveillance capability, Second Sight MS detects, identifies and visualises a cloud of dangerous gas in real time at a distance up to 5km.
Initially developed for defence and civil security applications, Second Sight has been adapted to IECEx hazardous area and Saudi Aramco refinery standards. It provides, in real time, complete scene visualisation. In case of an alarm activation, it localises the leakage source and the direction of the explosive gas cloud in the vicinity. To enhance safety levels on-site, Bertin provides a turnkey solution that detects and monitors explosive gas clouds.
- Early warning in case of chemical threat on battlefield
- First responders vehicle deployment for public events
- Enhanced surveillance of industrial sites
- Blister Agents: “Mustard gas” Yperite (HD), Lewisite
- Nerve Agents: Tabun (GA), Sarin (GB), GD, VX
- Toxic Industrial Chemicals: Ammonia, Carbonyl chloride, HCN (hydrogen cyanide), etc.