EOD 9 Bomb Suit and Helmet Ensemble
The Med-Eng EOD 9 Bomb Suit and Helmet Ensemble has been designed with direct input from bomb disposal technicians to provide the highest degree of modular protection and operational flexibility for EOD and CBRN missions. The Med-Eng EOD 9 platform can be configured in the field by EOD or IEDD technicians based on the suspected presence of a CBRN agent in an IED.
At least 14 types of testing have been performed to validate the performance of the EOD 9, including extensive live-blast testing.
The Med-Eng EOD 9 Bomb Suit and Helmet Ensemble includes a Jacket, Integrated Groin Protector, Trousers and Boot Covers for integrated blast protection against IEDs and bombs. The system is stored in a rugged bag for storage in bomb squad response vehicles.
- Industry-leading protection from blast overpressure, fragmentation, impact (acceleration and deceleration) and heat/flame
- A Chemical Protective Undergarment (CPU) can be worn under the Med-Eng EOD 9 bomb suit to provide a level of chemical/biological (CBRN) blast protection
- Helmet Remote Control Module to better control EOD 9A and EOD 9 Helmet functions
- Optional Med-Eng BCS 4 Body Cooling System provides personal cooling to mitigate risk of heat stress
- Groin plate retracts for easier kneeling
- Integrated carrying pouch to hold the optional BaquaPak for hydration
- Available in olive drab (standard colour), navy blue or desert tan, each with black webbing trim
- Ergonomic design allows an operator to use EOD tools and related equipment