Digital Vanguard Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)
The Digital Vanguard Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) is a multipurpose robot for responding to EOD/IEDD and CBRN threats, surveillance and tactical missions. Its low profile, mobility and dexterity enable this robot to access confined spaces such as under vehicles, as well as the aisles and storage compartments of aeroplanes, buses and trains.
The Digital Vanguard bomb disposal robot has an auxiliary port and telescopic arm to deploy an array of bomb disposal equipment including disruptors, cameras, ECM, X-ray equipment and CBRN sensors.
The Vanguard ROV works with the new 2G digital command system, which can also be used by bomb squads to command the Med-Eng larger ROV, the Defender.
The Vanguard ROV is in service with leading police and military forces worldwide and, was recently selected as the Washington DC regional small robotic platform by beating 9 other ROVs based on performance, capability, durability and price. This competition was overseen by the National Institute for Standards and Training (NIST).
- Auxiliary port for additional sensing and detection devices
- Permits simultaneous use of multiple features
- Telescopic and articulated arm with 6 axes of movement
- Ascends / descends stairs
- Continuous rotation claw
- 2 independent firing circuits
- 3 standard cameras and an optional fourth IR or disruptor camera
- Variable speed control and excellent lifting capability
- Powerful zoom camera and two-way digital audio
- Mission duration of 5+ hours dependent on mission
- Compact storage for transport in small response vehicle