EPE as a company is honoured to play an important role in the protection of our soldiers and first responders. Our foundations of ethics, integrity and care are reinforced by our commitment to a culture of giving back to the broader community.
As a company we are committed to:
- working ethically with integrity
- operating with cultural sensitivity and a focus on equality
- considering human rights as well as the social and economic impacts of what we do as a business.
We are committed to ensuring an organisational culture with an inclusive future that benefits our employees, the community and our veteran and first responder communities specifically.
We focus our efforts across a range of initiatives to:
1. Support our veteran staff by providing opportunities and development in an environment in which we know Veterans will thrive after leaving service:
- 100% Owned by an ADF veteran
- 65% of EPE’s employees are veterans
- 25% are ADF reservists, who we actively support to continue their ongoing service
2. Foster a generation of innovative thinkers by providing learning opportunities through collaboration with universities:
- Active employer of STEM graduates and undergraduates working on innovative projects in Robotic Autonomous Systems and AI.
- Hosting University student program site visits for robotics demonstrations combined with presentations from our Mechatronics Engineers.
3. Provide unique and invaluable defence specific hands-on experience in a commercial industry environment to young ADF recruits:
- Long term supporter of the ADF On the Job Trainee (OJT) Program, having hosted 60 Defence RAEME apprentices mentored by ex-ADF RAEME technicians in our highly specialised maintenance workshop.
- Capability Management Program. The Program is delivered by the Australian Defence Force Capability & Technology Management College (CTMC), training the next generation of capability technology managers for the ADF.
4. Support our Defence community and those affected by war:
- Ongoing donations to the Australian War Memorial Afghanistan Exhibit to support realistic representation of this modern war for the ongoing education of future generations of Australians.
- Ongoing donations of Demining protective equipment to Cambodia and Vietnam Demining Humanitarian organisation
5. Donate financially to Australian veteran charities via our bi-annual fundraising event for:
- 42 for 42
- Special Operations Engineer Regiment (SOER) Association
- Hosting Veterans Charity organisations at EPE in conjunction with hosting Assistant Minster for Defence, The Hon Andrew Hastie.
6. Operate ethically with integrity and professionalism:
- Ensure Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices in the international market in which we operate with International Trace Certification for ethical dealings which have been held for 9 consecutive years
7. Ensure our recruitment practices achieve diversity in our workplace: :
- EPE is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from First Nations People such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Maori and Pacifica peoples as well as people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- It is EPE’s policy to foster the development of its employees. Where vacancies are advertised externally, they will be simultaneously advertised internally.
- EPE encourages the development of trainees and apprentices and will create trainee or apprenticeship opportunities where appropriate.
- We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.